Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Throw away all of your other recipes for London broil, you won't want to go back to them after you have made this recipe, it is THAT delicious!!! the chili butter recipe makes lots, I suggest you freeze half for the next time you make this, and believe me you will want this all the time, I make just the chili butter recipe to serve along side of my other steak dinners. Plan ahead the beef needs to marinade for a minimum of 8 hours. This steak can also be broiled in the oven but of coarse it better grilled!.
Top Review by MommyKat
This was yummy, flavorful and different. I am definitely going to try it with better cuts of meat as well (London broil is cheap, but even the best marinade can only tenderize it so much - I marinated for 24 hours and followed the instructions about letting it sit, etc. to the letter).
- 2 lbs london broil beef (beef flank steak)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped minced cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (can use more!)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the marinade; combine all marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the steak in a large heavy-duty plastic zipper bag.
- Pour the marinade over, seal bag and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Mix all the chili butter ingredients in a bowl; cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours before using.
- A couple hours before gilling, remove the steak from the plastic bag and discard marinade.
- Let the steak sit out to almost room temperature, this might take a couple of hours (this is an important step, it relaxes the meat fibers to create a more tender, flavorful and juicy steak).
- When ready to grill heat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill for about 7-10 minutes per side.
- Remove the beef to a cutting board, cover and let sit for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Slice the steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- Serve with the delicious chili butter.