Grilled Balsamic London Broil
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 8mins
- 1⁄2 lb top round steak, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (I use San-J Wheat-Free Tamari Soy Sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- Put all ingredients, except meat, in a container fitted with a lid; cover and shake.
- Pour the marinade over the top round steak and cover.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
- Grill or broil until done as desired.
- Slice thinly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My family loved this. I do not eat steak, so I honestly cannot say how it was, but the rest of the family raved about how good it was. I marinated about 6 hours and grilled for about 20 minutes on medium on the gas grill. Then I turned off that side of the grill and left it for about 15 minutes in indirect heat. Served with scalloped potatoes and corn and everyone enjoyed. Thanks for an easy marinade to spruce up usually bland (and tough) london broil.
I'm very picky about London Broil (it has to be Top Round, not the flank steak everyone else uses) This was out of this world. Great flavor!!! Only thing I did extra was to add some chopped garlic cloves (since we like it heavy on the garlic) and a little liquid smoke to the marinade (sorry, I use that alot when I grill out) This was fantastic and will use it all summer long! Thank you
see 42 more reviews