Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Goes great with steaks or herb baked chicken- also a very exquisite vegetarian entree. Always was a big hit around our house- we love cheese- hubby comes from Wisconsin, America's Dairyland, and he's really proud of it (he'll tell you with a grin and a piece of cheese in his mouth!)
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (about 2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 canned chipotle chile, minced
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from can of chipotle chilies)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes under water; pat dry.
- Pierce potatoes with fork or other tool.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet; bake at 400 degrees F.
- for 75-90 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- After potato has cooled somewhat, slice off top fourth of potato lengthwise; scoop out cooked potato into a bowl.
- Add cheeses, butter, sour cream, chipotle, and adobo sauce to bowl, and mash mixture all together, mixing well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refill potatoes with mixture, mounding over tops as necessary.
- Reheat potatoes in 400 degree F.
- oven for 7-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish tops of potato with minced cilantro or paprika, if desired.
These are scrumptious! We have a meatless monday at our house and this fit the bill. I used chipotle chile powder (1/2 t) but will probably up it to 1 t next time. :D I also used sharp cheddar and light sour cream. Thanks for sharing the recipe! :D