Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rotini, or the pasta of your choice, is tossed with a zesty dressing of lime juice, chili powder and cumin. Corn, black beans, red and green bell pepper, tomatoes and cilantro add texture, flavor and color. Serve on a bed of lettuce for a nice touch. Original by Lisa P., this is my version.
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup roma tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic. Stir in pasta and set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, beans, green pepper, red pepper and 1/2 of the cilantro leaves. Spoon onto a platter and garnish with tomatoes and remaining cilantro. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This is a wonderful salad! Very fresh taste and full of color. Served this to some friends and they just loved it. I was nervous about adding a whole tablespoon of chili powder thinking it would make the salad too spicy, but it only gave it a nice flavor and didn't make it taste spicy at all. Made for PAC and I'll be making it again! Thanks!