Recipe by JacquelineS
Spicy, rich and flavorful soup. Perfect for a chilly day! Spicy Indian chili powder and freshly roasted and ground cumin really add flavor. Any kind of cheese is fine. We use mexican blend, but pepper jack would be awesome, too!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups vegetable broth or 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy pan.
- Saute onion, celery, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in broth, chili powder, cumin, corn and chilies.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add cream to the flour, whisking until smooth.
- Add to soup mixture.
- Stir until thickened.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted.