Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 hrs
From Pillsbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipies (2003). Preparation time includes soaking the beans overnight.
- 1 cup dried pinto bean, sorted and rinsed
- 2 lbs frying chickens, cut-up and skin removed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Soak beans in enough water to cover for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain beans, discarding water. In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine beans and all remaining ingredients except cilantro; mix well.
- Cover, cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker. Remove chicken from bones; discard bones. Cut chicken into pieces; return chicken to stew. Stir in cilantro.