1/3 Photos of Southwestern Chicken
Quick and easy, very tasty meal. evolved to our tastes from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups green pepper strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup commercial thick & chunky salsa (mild or hot, your choice)
- 1Coat a large nonstick frypan with cooking spray, and place over high heat until hot.
- 2Add chicken, stir fry 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- 4Remove chicken from frypan, set aside.
- 5Add oil to frypan, and heat over medium high heat.
- 6Add green pepper strips and onion, stir fry 3 minutes.
- 7Return chicken to frypan and stir in corn and salsa.
- 8Stir fry 2 minutes more or until thoroughly heated (Alternately, thinly sliced into strips, turkey, beef or pork may be used).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 442.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 28.1 g