Quick and easy, very tasty meal. evolved to our tastes from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Southwestern Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups green pepper strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3⁄4 cup commercial thick & chunky salsa (mild or hot, your choice)
- Coat a large nonstick frypan with cooking spray, and place over high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, stir fry 3 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- Remove chicken from frypan, set aside.
- Add oil to frypan, and heat over medium high heat.
- Add green pepper strips and onion, stir fry 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to frypan and stir in corn and salsa.
- Stir fry 2 minutes more or until thoroughly heated (Alternately, thinly sliced into strips, turkey, beef or pork may be used).