Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Quick and easy, very tasty meal. evolved to our tastes from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Southwestern Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups green pepper strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3⁄4 cup commercial thick & chunky salsa (mild or hot, your choice)
- Coat a large nonstick frypan with cooking spray, and place over high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, stir fry 3 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder and cumin.
- Remove chicken from frypan, set aside.
- Add oil to frypan, and heat over medium high heat.
- Add green pepper strips and onion, stir fry 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to frypan and stir in corn and salsa.
- Stir fry 2 minutes more or until thoroughly heated (Alternately, thinly sliced into strips, turkey, beef or pork may be used).
This recipe was very easy to make. Nice and spicy, which is how we like our food. Tastes wonderful!!!
Very easy to make and tasty. I added red pepper and used canned corn. Turned out great. Nice and spicy
So very good and easy and if that's not enough, diet friendly. You can play with the chili to taste.