Recipe by GrandmaG
I love a good hearty salad for lunch and this one is loaded with fiber, protein and flavor. Using this recipe I was able to get my granddaughters to eat their salad. They love the mild salsa as a salad dressing, and the salad served in a taco bowl so they can eat the bowl too!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped very fine
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, if you do not like black beans use red kidney beans
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa (your favorite)
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain, return to pan and stir in chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
- Cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in beans, chickpeas, and tomato.
- Portion lettuce onto serving plates, or taco bowls.
- Top with Meat mixture.
- Next top with grated cheese.
- We use the salsa as a dressing, and dollops of sour cream and guacamole.