Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
We have hash a lot with leftover meat. We use this same recipe and just replace the ground beef with left over roast, steak or meat of your choice chopped into small pieces. Recipe was in a little booklet that I picked up at a fair.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup ripe sliced ripe olives (optional)
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in potatoes, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salsa. Continue cooking 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with green onion and ripe olive slices if desired.