Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I've had for at least 10 years and it's still one of our favorites. The boys actually request this chicken. Cooking time includes marinade time.
- 1 lb chicken breast
For the marinade
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large sized zip lock bag, combine marinade ingredients, shake to mix well. Add the chicken and turn to coat on all sides. Refrigerate for at least one hour (the longer the better.).
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly oil a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer.
- On a piece of waxed paper, combine the flour, cornmeal and paprika.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Roll in the cornmeal mixture, coating on all sides. Place in the prepared baking dish and dot with bits of butter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
This was really good! The chicken was very moist. Will definitely make again!
What tasty chicken! We always have limes in the fridge so I used lime juice instead of lemon. But everything else I did according to the recipe. The chicken was moist and so full of flavor. I will definitely make this a lot because it was so easy.
We loved this dish....the chicken had a great flavor to it