Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from a friend of mine during a recipe exchange. I amended it significantly to make it gluten and dairy free, but I think it still works! It's a super easy dinner recipe for your average night.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 6 ounces tuna in water
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free pasta (rotini, penne or fusilli)
- 1 cup goat cheese, shredded (optional)
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with the canola oil, and when the oil is hot, add the onion and celery. Cook and stir until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in corn and cook 2 minutes longer to incorporate.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, salsa and chili powder until well blended. If it seems too thick, thin with a few teaspoons of non-dairy milk (almond milk, rice milk or soy milk) or some gluten-free chicken stock.
- Add the tuna and cooked pasta, stirring just to coat.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top evenly with cheese (optional).
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until bubbling. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
I didn't use the gluten free recipe and used Mozzarella cheese instead, but it was definitely a family pleaser. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious I'm sure as written without the goat cheese, not sure how that would be. Instead of gluten free pasta I used a good fries which I baked and then used the same way. I changed the corn kernels to sweet baby frozen peas, corn is a common allergen and we are corn free, I used Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free, another common allergen, less organic salsa as I was using up what I had so I added some juice from canned tomatoes as well, I sprinkled some chili powder on top before baking the casserole but did not add any to the mixture, I did not add the goat cheese. I would use this recipe again.
I though this was kind of weird. Maybe mine just didn't come out right