Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These fillets are so easy to make and so tasty, crunchy on the outside. This is our favorite way to fix Tilapia. I got the recipe from the bag the fish came in. This recipe is NOT spicy & wasn't meant to be spicy. Taliapa is a sweet white, mild tasting fish. If you want spicy add spices to this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, cornmeal, flour, paprika, pepper and salt in a bag.
- Place fish in dry mixture and shake to coat each fillet.
- Spray baking Dish with cooking spray; Place fish in baking dish, Spray with cooking spray, Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture over fish fillets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fillets flakes when tested with fork.
Great basic coating! I added cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Thanks for sharing a keeper!
This is a very good weeknight recipe. The flavor was good and it kept the fish nice and moist during cooking. Thanks for sharing!
I make the Fried Talapi once a week, however, I used Flour and Panko Crumbs to coat the fish before frying.
Combine 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese with 1 1/2 cups Panko Crumbs. Place in a dish, beat 2 eggs with 1 tbsp water, add S & Pepper to taste, use 1 cup flour in a plate with Paprika, garlic and onion powder S & P to taste. Heat the Oil in fry pan till hot but not smoking, Dip fillets in eggwash then in flour, then back into eggwash then into the Panko crumbs, making sure to press fillets into the Panko thats been flavored with S & P and garlic and onion powdered Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs) Fry in hot oil in frypan. The fillets come out crisp and delicious, I serve mine with our favorite potato dish and a Salad or a favorite cole slaw. Try it you wont regret it. Lucy