Ground Turkey Puff Pizza
photo by retiree09
- Ready In:
1 Puff Pizza
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary needles, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed on counter top 45 minutes
- In skillet, put 2 T. of the oil and the onions on low to caramelize. In another skillet, put remaining oil, ground turkey, peppers, Montreal Steak Seasoning, rosemary and garlic. Brown meat, crumbling it. Drain well. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add Heinz 57 Steak Sauce. Mix in well. When puff pastry is thawed sufficiently to unfold, roll out on lightly floured surface to make it 1/2 again bigger than it is now. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, or with parchment paper on it. Take a small paring knife and LIGHTLY score around the edge about 1/2" in from the edge, but DON'T cut all the way through. This will allow it to puff up when baking. Then take a fork and prick all over the inside area. Put caramelized onions on puff pastry first, avoiding the outer scored edge. Then put meat filling on top of it. Sprinkle with ribboned basil and dot with cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until edged are golden brown and puffy.
- Serve with a nice garden salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!