Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This tasty combo goes together quickly. Vary the veges depending on what you have and what you like. Goes well with grilled chicken or beef. Is hearty enough to work as a vegetarian main course. (It's important to drain and rinse the black beans well, or the finished dish can get an unattractive, sticky consistency)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch thick quarter-rounds
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar (your preference, we like rice or cider vinegar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Prep all veges.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat. Saute onions, red bell pepper, and green beans 5 minutes. Add zucchini, saute 3-5 minutes. Add corn and black beans and heat through. Timing can vary a bit with size of veggie pieces - the goal is to have them crisp tender with perhaps an occasional blackened spot.
- Season with vinegar, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cilantro and stir to combine. Serve at once.
I was hesitant to try an unrated recipe, but I'm so glad that I did. It was so quick, easy and tasted great!!