I made this up when I had too much leftover turkey in the freezer and have loved it ever since. Sometimes I add kale or spinach but not often but it is good that way. This is also really good as a cold salad the next day too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 a bag fusilli, cooked (use a 16 ounce bag)
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped spinach (optional) or 1 cup kale (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup tomato (whole or chopped)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or oregano or basil)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups leftover turkey, in small pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1Sauté peppers, mushrooms, garlic and onion in olive oil until tender, about 10 min on medium heat.
- 2If adding greens add and cover for 5 min more.
- 3Add salsa, tomatoes and Italian seasoning, mix well, add turkey, salt and pepper and stir until warm.
- 4Mix with pasta and Parmesan and serve with extra cheese if you wish.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Fusilli With Leftover Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 521.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: