Recipe by Tara
I made this up when I had too much leftover turkey in the freezer and have loved it ever since. Sometimes I add kale or spinach but not often but it is good that way. This is also really good as a cold salad the next day too.
Top Review by Katie Platt
Good, but not spectacular. Would work well as a cold pasta salad, I think. We didn't use the spinach and also left out the mushrooms. I think it would have been a great accompaniment, but doesn't hold up as the main dish...though my husband and brother in law did come back for thirds!
- 1⁄2 a bag fusilli, cooked (use a 16 ounce bag)
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped spinach (optional) or 1 cup kale (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup tomatoes (whole or chopped)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or oregano or basil)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups leftover turkey, in small pieces
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté peppers, mushrooms, garlic and onion in olive oil until tender, about 10 min on medium heat.
- If adding greens add and cover for 5 min more.
- Add salsa, tomatoes and Italian seasoning, mix well, add turkey, salt and pepper and stir until warm.
- Mix with pasta and Parmesan and serve with extra cheese if you wish.