Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a pretty presentation for a great light lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander or 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Simmer the chicken breasts in 1/4 cup water, covered until just done, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Peel and halve the avocado and cut into small cubes.
- Combine with the onion, coriander and corn.
- Squeeze 2 Tbs juice from the lime and combine with 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and the oil.
- Toss the salad with 1/4 cup of this dressing.
- Core the tomatoes and cut into eighths: leaving bottom intact.
- Gently pull wedges apart with fingers.
- Pour the remaining dressing over tomatoes.
- Fill with chicken salad.