- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, sliced julienne
- 1 red onion, sliced julienne
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced and toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes and the onion, and toss well.
- Rub the toasted bread with the garlic cloves and arrange around 4 chilled plates.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and blend well.
- Pour this over the salad and dust the top with the cheese and serve at once.