1/2 Photos of Southwest Alfredo With Lemon-Lime Chicken
Zabrina Graves's Note:
This is a recipe I have been playing with for years and have finally perfected. It's a flavorful spin on your ordinary Alfredo sauce and it only takes about 45 minutes total! I have to make it for my mom every time she is in town.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (from Costco)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Place frozen chicken in a glass baking dish. In a bowl whisk together juices, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper flakes, and oil.
- 3Pour over chicken and bake for 20 minutes.
- 4While chicken cooks, grill onion.
- 5In a food processor puree roasted red pepper and onion. Set aside.
- 6When timer goes off for the chicken pull it out, turn, and baste. Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- 7At this time start to boil the water for the pasta and cook to package directions.
- 8When pasta is done DRAIN OVER A MEASURING CUP, this will give you your 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- 9In same pot melt the 6T. of butter on low. Add pepper mixture and heat for 1 minute.
- 10Add pasta and toss to coat. Add parmesan, salt, 3T. butter, pasta water, and heavy cream.
- 11Cook on LOW for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reaches your desired thickness.
- 12By this time the chicken should be done. While the sauce cooks cut the chicken into slices or bite size pieces.
- 13Pile pasta on your plate, sprinkle with parmesan and chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Alfredo With Lemon-Lime Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.2
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.5 g
- Cholesterol 261.8 mg
- Sodium 778.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers