Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I have been playing with for years and have finally perfected. It's a flavorful spin on your ordinary Alfredo sauce and it only takes about 45 minutes total! I have to make it for my mom every time she is in town.
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (from Costco)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 red onion, grilled in herb butter
- 6 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup of pasta water
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place frozen chicken in a glass baking dish. In a bowl whisk together juices, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper flakes, and oil.
- Pour over chicken and bake for 20 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, grill onion.
- In a food processor puree roasted red pepper and onion. Set aside.
- When timer goes off for the chicken pull it out, turn, and baste. Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- At this time start to boil the water for the pasta and cook to package directions.
- When pasta is done DRAIN OVER A MEASURING CUP, this will give you your 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- In same pot melt the 6T. of butter on low. Add pepper mixture and heat for 1 minute.
- Add pasta and toss to coat. Add parmesan, salt, 3T. butter, pasta water, and heavy cream.
- Cook on LOW for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reaches your desired thickness.
- By this time the chicken should be done. While the sauce cooks cut the chicken into slices or bite size pieces.
- Pile pasta on your plate, sprinkle with parmesan and chicken.
Just lovely! The chicken has wonderful flavor - I used about a teaspoon of red pepper, since we like things spicy. I broke my jar of roasted red peppers, so I left them out. I also added a lot more cheese - tasted great! Thanks for sharing!
This was SO tasty! My house smelled incredible- my dinner guests were impressed! The sauce for the pasta was a little less flavorful than I hoped for but the chicken is absolutely to die for! I will be using the chicken on salads and in tacos that is for sure! It is an added bonus that the chicken cooks from a frozen state so those nights that you don't think ahead you could make the chicken! Wonderful recipe! I will make this one again for sure! Thanks Zabrina~ Made for PAC Spring 08