Garlic Lime Chicken
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, i use low sodium
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Mix all marinade ingredients.
- Place chicken in recloseable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Close bag.
- Toss and coat chicken well with marinade.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill, broil or saute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really liked this. I had time on my lunch break to put the marinade together, so I marinated the chicken for about six hours. We cooked it on the george foreman grille and it was juicy and flavorful. We'll be making it again. We also made http://www.recipezaar.com/11061 this bread as a side dish.
I was a little skeptical at first. I wasn't sure how the ingredients were going to taste combined. But, I was looking for a different type of chix recipe so I went ahead and made it. All I can say is WOW!!! Thank god that I did. The marinade was wonderful. The flavors melded perfectly. Neither flavor was overpowering. The lime juice and soy sauce worked together perfectly. I used low sodium and that was perfect. I think regular soy sauce would be to much. Thanks for posting.
Haven't made this yet, but I already use a marinade for chicken & seafood with these same ingredients in slightly different amounts ... mostly more worcestershire for a smokier flavor + some chutney. I reserve the marinade, push it through a sieve & incorporate cream cheese in it over low heat to make a light, but great sauce. Yum!
see 4 more reviews