Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I came up with this recipe to satisfy my craving for some homemade chicken and dumplings. It's quick and easy to throw together and smells amazing at the end of the day. Chicken will be tender and juicy and just fall of the bones. Be sure to remove the chicken bones before serving.
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken pieces (breast, thighs, drumsticks)
- 473.18 ml carrots, sliced
- 5 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can campbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 907.18 g low sodium chicken broth
- 7.39 ml dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
- Clean and chop carrots, celery and onion. Add to slow cooker.
- Add cream of chicken soup and chicken broth, stir to combine. Add chicken pieces, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours.
- Add torn biscuit dough pieces and continue to cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Stir before serving. Remove any chicken bones.
Nommy! Changes: half vegetable broth and half chicken broth; added 1/2 tsp each ground sage and dried thyme. Made extra biscuits, too!
Very tasty and simple.
I used regular chicken broth instead of reduced sodium and it was a little salty. I'll use reduced sodium next time. I also used diced chicken breast instead of bone-in chicken. Very good flavor! I will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing :)