Southern Style Chicken and Dumplings for Beginners
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Chicken Stock:.
- Wash chicken well.
- Place in large stockpot, cover with water and cook until tender.
- Remove chicken, celery and onion saving chicken stock and chicken.
- Discard onion and celery.
- Cool and debone chicken and return to stock.
- Heat to boil.
- Mix all ing. except milk, as you would for pie crust.
- Add milk slowly until dough is soft enough to handle.
- Roll as thin as possible on floured board.
- Slice in 1&1/2 to 3 inch strips.
- Carefully drop dumplings in boiling broth.
- Cook 15 minutes They will plump up nicely.
- Do not half or double this recipe.
- This recipe is for those who can't make chicken and dumplings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!