Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A popular southern way to make meatloaf sandwiches is to use butter or margarine instead of mayo. This great sandwich is a favorite for lunches and picnics. You can add lettuce, if you like, but it's good without "adornment".
- 1 slice of leftover meatloaf, thick, straight from the fridge
- ketchup, drizzled over slice
- bread and butter pickles
- 2 slices bread, I like white bread
- salt and pepper
- Slather both slices of bread with butter.
- Add the meatloaf slice and additional seasonings.
- Cut in half and pack in a lunch or eat right away!
Made as posted but I added sliced dilll pickle instead of bread and butter pickles. Served on buttered fresh Wonder bread with ketchup and I felt like a kid again. I may have a little "southern" in my soul because I would call this the perfect meatloaf sandwich! Thanks for posting Stella Mae! Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
your choice of bbq sauce also tastes good too. i'm eating one right now. haha
This is exactly how I make my meatloaf sandwiches. In fact my son hates meatloaf, but will eat these. We like to drizzle lots of ketchup on top. Good warmed up or cold. A very hearty lunch.