Recipe by Southern Bell
My family and friends like this recipe because it is nothing like they have tasted before, the secret is to let it simmer 61/2 hours then refrigerate it overnight for the flavors to marinate. This is my recipe as I came up with it while experimenting with it one day and it was a hit with my family.
Top Review by Pierre Dance
INCREDIBLE !!! Living alone I'm always looking for recipes that freeze well. This was GREAT!!! It was good the first time out and better when thawed and reheated.I doubled the recipe to make a full crock pot.The only change I made was to use home made tomato sauce instead of canned sauce and puree. It made 12 wonderful meals. THANX
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs chili ground beef
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, courser chopped
- 8 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hot sauce (I prefer Tabasco)
- italian seasoning (I use a lot)
- 1 -2 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain off all fat.
- Add onions and bell peppers and tomato products.
- Add salt, hot sauce, simmer for 5 hours this will be very thick, if you wish add a little water.
- Add chopped garlic cloves cook for 1 hour.
- Add Italian seasonings cook for 30 minutes to marinate all flavors.
- Put in the refrigerator for one day.
- This will enhance the flavors.
- Next day cook spaghetti and warm the meat sauce serve hot.
- I have used a crock pot after I brown the ground beef put all ingredients in the crock pot cook slow all day long.