Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another southern favorite. Also from the Junior League of Charleston's Cook book "Charleston Receipts".
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 piece paraffin wax
- 1 cup corn syrup (Light)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 quart raw peanuts (shelled)
- Mix sugar, water, syrup, and vinegar together.
- Add raw peanuts and paraffin. Boil until brown and the peanuts pop or until it is very hard when dropped into cold water (Hard ball stage).
- Take the mixture from the burner and add the Baking Soda.
- Stir well and Pour onto a Pre buttered Slab or Jelly Roll Pan.
- Let mixture cool completely and when cold break into pieces.