Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I never liked creamed corn until I ate it here in the south. Now I love it!
Make and share this Southern made Cream Corn recipe from Food.com.
- Pull shucks and silk off corn and wash thoroughly.
- Take 4 of them and cut kernels off.
- Take remaining corn and leave on cob, grate on a grater into a bowl.
- Pour kernels and creamed corn together in a frying pan and add 3-4 Tbsp butter or margarine.
- Heat on med until corn is tender (about 15 minutes).
- If corn is drying up in pan, add a little more butter.
yummy yummy yummy...anything made with fresh corn gets me every time; this was delicious. Very fresh tasting. The only thing I did differently was near the end of the cooking time, I added 1/3 cup heavy cream to the corn...heck with nutrition let's make corn sinful :P