Skillet Cream Corn
photo by Nimz_
- Ready In:
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch garlic powder (optional I like to add it in)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup full-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine corn, whipping cream, salt, pepper, sugar garlic powder (if using) and butter.
- In a small bowl whisk together the full-fat milk with flour, then stir/add to the corn mixture; cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture has thickened and the corn is cooked through.
- Remove from heat then add in the grated Parmesan cheese; stir until thoroughly combined and melted.
- Season with more salt and black pepper if desired.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This corn is amazing. I made it for a girls night in one night and it says to serve 6-8 people but me and a girlfriend polished it off! Everytime there's an event or potluck or birthday party I'm asked to make this. I change the serving size on the recipe to 20 if I'm making it for a party. I just use a huge pot and then transfer to my crock pot. Here in Milwaukee, WI, we have this stuff called "Corn Salt" (it's basically just Lawry's) and I sprinkle that in instead of regular salt and everyone seems to love it. Leftovers (if there is any) are great too! I'm drooling just thinking of it!
This is a great corn recipe made for those cold winter months! I usually make this with fresh corn when corn is plentiful. However, this recipe allows you to have the fresh cream corn flavor right in middle of wintertime! I halved the recipe which was perfect for our needs. Thanks so much for your endless incredible recipes, Kittencal!
We loved this recipe! I have to say, we did a taste test before adding the Parmesan cheese...put a little in two ramekins and added parmesan to one and left the other as is. The plain one won out. Although it is different and good with Parmesan, I prefer the wonderful taste of skillet cooked corn without embellishments. Other than leaving out the parmesan, the only other thing I will change is to decrease the sugar by a bit. It was a little bit too sweet. Can't wait to use the recipe with fresh corn! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.