Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm so smitten with the new craze of serving desserts, drinks, salads or whatever comes to mind in Mason jars. This is a good one from Deep Dish South blog. She said it's a cross between a Long Island Iced Tea and an Arnold Palmer. Naturally, she suggests to serve this in a what? Yes, a Mason jar!
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce gin
- 4 ounces fresh lemon juice or 4 ounces lemonade
- 3 ounces , unsweetened iced tea recipe
- 1 -2 ounce simple syrup, to taste
- 1 sprig mint, for garnish
- 1 slice lemon, for garnish
- Fill a quart Mason jar with ice. Add the rum, vodka and gin, lemon juice or lemonade, iced tea and simple syrup. Stir thoroughly, taste and adjust sweetness if needed; garnish with a slice of lemon and sprig of mint. As always, drink responsibly.
Sure did like the taste of this on a muggy afternoon! And I was excited to use the new glass that I got for Mother's Day - a Mason jar on a candlestick! (The 'Rednek' Wineglass... LOL) That said, this is better than a regular old LI iced tea, as the tea really gives it that 'southern charm'! Thanks for sharing a super sipper, GailAnn!