Spiced Cranberry Cocktail Iced Tea
photo by LilPinkieJ
- Ready In:
- 3 quarts water
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 oranges, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 2 lemons, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 10 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice berry
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup ginger ale, chilled
- ice cube (2 trays, as many as needed)
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- In a large pot, combine water and cranberries.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Next add the sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and steep for 1 hour.
- Strain the mixture, pour into a large pitcher and allow to cool to room temperature on counter.
- Once cooled place in refrigerator, until chilled.
- When ready, add the pineapple juice, ginger ale, lemon and orange slices to the cranberry mixture in the pitcher and serve in tall glasses with lots of ice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Another of those recipes I am testing out for possible making again the end of this year, so I cut it in half this time around & there'll definitely be another "time around" 'cause this is A GREAT TASTING BEVERAGE! I did take a few liberties with the recipe, though, in that I used cheesecloth to contain the cloves, allspice & cinnamon & then DIDN'T strain out the cranberries but left them in along with the lemon & orange slices! More than just for decoration, I served this beverage with a small spoon so that anyone who wanted to could either scoop out & discard the fruit pieces OR eat them (as I did, with pleasure)! ABSOLUTELY GREAT [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]
This is delicious! I served it at our Christmas dinner and everyone loved it. I did not use the ginger ale, but added fresca instead. Most of the adults added some Captain Morgan spiced rum to theirs. It was a great change of pace to the regular mulled ciders. made and Reviewed for Photo Tag - Thanks! :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.