Amber's Down Home Peach Iced Tea
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 8 -12 black tea bags, non flavored, tags removed if any
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow cling peaches, reserve syrup
- 1 cup sugar, can substitute artificial sweetener
- 2 1⁄3 quarts water
- In a 3qt stock pot, combine the tea bags, water and sugar.
- Brew on med-low heat.
- Open the canned peaches, and drain the syrup into the pot.
- Drop in 3-5 peach slices.
- Reserve the rest of the peaches on the side.
- Brew the tea to just under a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain off the tea bags, but leave the peach slices.
- Return tea to pot, cover and let sit until tea is room temperature.
- Place tea into a a pitcher for serving.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This ended up being much better than I'd expected! I used 8 bags of black tea, and doubled the amount of peach slices (about 10 slices) from a can with heavy syrup. It ended up being rather sweet, which I personally like. If you're not so crazy about sweetness, consider reducing the amount of sugar and using peaches in their juice rather than syrup. I believe adding the amount of slices I did really helps bring out the peach flavor, which I wanted to be rather strong. Overall, I loved this!
Mmmmmm, summer and sweet tea. This has a perfect amount of sweetening and the peachiness (is that a word?) is great. It just makes you want to take that iced pitcher and move out to the porch and put your feet up with a good book. Simple to make and made with things I always have on hand. Pure pleasure.