Cranberry,Apple Spiced Tea
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 quarts cranberry juice
- 2 quarts apple juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 cups water
- 1 orange, studded with (or lemon slices)
- clove (optional)
- 4 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 1⁄2 nutmeg, freshly ground (optional)
- 10 cardamom pods (optional)
- 1 slice ginger (optional)
- 5 whole allspice (optional)
- 20 fluid ounces rum, 1 per mug (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a slow cooker on low.
- I usually do the night before and wake to the wonderful scents coming from my kitchen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this drink. It makes quite a bit, so it is perfect for a crowd. The spices all blend perfectly and the aroma is heavely. I used the crockpot, but put it on early in the day. It was a very soothing and fragrant experience. This recipe definately goes into my tried & true cookbook. Thanks for sharing.
I made a similar tea like this years ago and have been looking for a recipe ever since. I am so excited to find this one! I put all of the spices in a mulling bag so I don't have to worry about straining it or having whole spices in the tea when serving. A lot of the ingredients are the same that are in high end potpourri, so your house will smell delicious. I don't use rum, I do add orange juice and a little extra pineapple juice... just my taste! I also make extra to freeze so that I can have it whenever I want it. Thanks for this recipe.