Southern Iced Tea
photo by Fauve
- Ready In:
- 2 quarts water (divided)
- 6 regular-sized tea bags or 3 family sized tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Place tea bags in a 2 quart glass pitcher.
- Pour one quart boiling water over tea bags.
- Let this steep for five minutes.
- Remove tea bags from water, and press tea bags gently against the side of the container with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove tea bags from container and discard.
- Stir in one cup sugar.
- Add the remaining one quart of water.
- Stir, cool to room temperature.
- Serve over ice.
- If desired, garnish with lemon wedge.
- Note: You may store any leftovers in the refrigerator, but the tea will turn a bit cloudy.
- (This does not affect the taste).
- If you want to take the haziness out of the tea, you may stir in 1/4 cup boiling water per quart of iced tea just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>September 15, 2007: Here's a photo of me and my two girls before leaving our hotel room to go to an Avett Brothers concert. We're all huge fans of the group. We're also huge fans of each other. It's fun to have adult children. <br /> <br /> <br />--- About me: I'm an artist, and art teacher to kids kindergarten age through 8th grade. My life whirls at a breakneck pace. I teach approximately 800 students, and have 30 different classes each week. It's crazy!!! The rewards, however, are the numerous hugs and good vibes I get from my students. If I didn't have my good-looking husband to stabilize me, I'd surely be sporting a straight-jacket. Oh, and did I mention my yarn obsession? I've made hundreds of crochet items in the past few months, and have a little shop on etsy. Check out my website when you have the time:</p> 8754768"