Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy different way to do peaches..very much like traditional fried apples but with peaches!
- 2 large firm peaches, not too ripe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel and halve peaches.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Place cut side down in skillet.
- When edges are browned, turn over.
- Sprinkle with half the sugars and allow other side to brown.
- Turn once more and sprinkle with remaining sugars.
- Cook until sugars caramelize slightly, turning peaches to coat.
- Serve as is or top with whipped cream and chopped pecans.
I made these for my son (a college student). He and his pals loved them, so do I. I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on them for desert, or just serve them as a side dish, or in a salad. I put them on the grill to get the smoky flavor. Oh so good, make more than 2 halves for each serving.
Oh my these are FANTASTIC!!!! I added cinnamon and cooked for at least 30 minutes, total, part of the time with the lid on. I used three medium peaches and had PLENTY of sauce. Probably could have added another one!
Very close to one in my cookbook.