1/1 Photo of Southern Cornbread Dressing
1 hr 15 mins
Douglas Poe's Note:
Me and a dear friend of mine who is no longer with us, made this dressing for 17 years at Thanksgiving. I still make it and it brings back wonderful memories of her and I laughing, chopping, mixing and tasting. This is a terrific recipe. Hope you make this recipe and make your own memories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Directions for cornbread:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 4Pour batter into a greased shallow baking dish.
- 5Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and let cool.
- 7Directions for Dressing:.
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 10Add the celery and onion and cook until transparent, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- 11Pour the vegetable mixture over cornbread mixture.
- 12Add the stock, mix well, taste, and add salt, pepper to taste, sage, and poultry seasoning.
- 13Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and bake until dressing is cooked through, about 45 minutes. .
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 1302.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: