A friend's family makes this regularly, and it's so good that I asked for the recipe so that I could have it more often.
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces Rotel diced tomatoes, not drained (original or hot)
- 11 ounces canned white shoepeg corn, drained
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 -4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- Mix all of the ingredients except the chips.
- Serve with chips.
I could eat this everyday!! The store didn't have white shoepeg corn so I used the Mexicorn. I also used a red bell pepper instead of green. YUM! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
This is one of my favorite appetizers! It's not fancy, but boy is it tasty!