Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend's family makes this regularly, and it's so good that I asked for the recipe so that I could have it more often.
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces Rotel diced tomatoes, not drained (original or hot)
- 11 ounces canned white shoepeg corn, drained
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 -4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- Mix all of the ingredients except the chips.
- Serve with chips.
I could eat this everyday!! The store didn't have white shoepeg corn so I used the Mexicorn. I also used a red bell pepper instead of green. YUM! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
Saw this recipe for Sunday Dinner Classics and decided to try it as I had most of the ingredients on hand + didnt want to eat any meat today. This recipe is tha bomb.com!! So delicious and fresh with hits of savory and sweet from the veggies!! This will be my staple from now on! I didnt have white shoepeg corn so I used a can of vaccum packed yellow whole kernel corn instead. I LOOOVE red bell pepper so I subbed it for the green pepper. Also, I didnt have as much Italian dressing as I thought so I mixed the 1/4cup of low-fat Italian dressing I had with 1/2cup Greek dressing and added 1/2tsp each dried parsley and dried basil. I also added 2 stalks of finely diced celery and 3 cloves freshly minced garlic. SHUT IT DOWN!! IT WAS SO DERN GOOOD!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This is one of my favorite appetizers! It's not fancy, but boy is it tasty!