Chef #1802636717's Note:
Buttery, and smooth flavored boiled cabbage. This recipe came from Divas Can Cook which is Old School Cooking For The Modern Woman. Make sure you go check out the website for more great recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Step 1.) Cut Cabbage into quarters, removing the hard stem. Slice each quarter into 1-inch wide strips.
- 2Step 2.) In a large pot, add butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, & cabbage.
- 3Step 3.) Add in chicken broth and toss.
- 4Step 4.) Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- 5Step 5.) Simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender. Do not overcook.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Cabbage Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 441.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: