Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Buttery, and smooth flavored boiled cabbage. This recipe came from Divas Can Cook which is Old School Cooking For The Modern Woman. Make sure you go check out the website for more great recipes.
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or season to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken broth (depends on your taste) or 1 water (depends on your taste)
- Step 1.) Cut Cabbage into quarters, removing the hard stem. Slice each quarter into 1-inch wide strips.
- Step 2.) In a large pot, add butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, & cabbage.
- Step 3.) Add in chicken broth and toss.
- Step 4.) Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Step 5.) Simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender. Do not overcook.