Recipe by Tammy® ™
biscuits made with buttermilk & butter (my grandmother used lard and they were flaky)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- mix dry ingredients.
- add butter (fresh from fridge - not softened).
- cut with a pasty blender or two knives.
- pour in the buttermilk.
- mix just enough so ingredients are barely combined.
- if you feel the need to keep stiring say this mantra "tougher biscuits, tougher biscuits).
- place dough on floured surface and gently spread to about 3/4 inch thick.
- use knife to cut into squares, rectangles, or possibly cut like a pie for scones.
- place on cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
- (optional)use pastry brush to coat with heavy cream if you desire a shiny biscuit top.