Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the ham I use for the big holidays. Everyone looks foreword to it. My secret is that it's so easy. I pour the extra sauce in a small dish and use it for the ham--or my favorite is to pour it on homemade mashed potatoes. It's a VERY sweet sauce!
- In a bowl mix together mustard and honey well.
- In a separate bowl mix together sugars.
- Coat ham with mustard mixture.
- Coat ham with sugar mixture.
- Bake as directed on ham package.
- Mustard and sugar will turn into a dark brown sauce. When that happens, start basting the ham every 15-20 minutes until it's done.
This recipe made exactly the tangy kind of glaze I was looking for. Everyone loved it. Thank you for posting this recipe! YUM!
I used 1 c. mustard, sugar and brown sugar and it was plenty. This ham is delicious, and gets 5+ stars from us!!! DS, DD and myself thought it was the best ham we ever had! The top made a nice glaze and I couldn't leave it alone, as I love that nice crunchy skin. Yum Yum!
I am not a huge fan of ham except for "Honey Baked Ham Company" hams. I made this for 16 friends and family for Easter and it got really rave reviews. The ham was moist and flavorful. I had 18 pounds of ham (2 hams) and had leftover mustard. I would 1/2 the mustard sauce next time, but other than that, not change a thing!