Prep 8 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
My grandmothers recipe. I love baked beans, these are yummy, yummy!
- 2 cups dried great northern beans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cubed salt pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot water
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water 2 inches above beans; let soak 8 hours. Drain.
- Cover beans with water, add salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours; drain if necessary.
- Place beans in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish; add salt pork and onion. Combine molasses, ketchup, mustard, pepper, and 2 cups hot water; pour over beans. Cover and bake at 350F for 2 hours, stirring once.