Easy Southern Baked Beans
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 (19 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook until brown. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon. Strain all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Add chopped onion and slowly cook, stirring in the love until caramelized; app 20 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers. Cook over low heat until cooked.
- Meanwhile mix together brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, Harissa and Emeril’s essence.
- Combine this mixture with the onions, bacon and beans.
- Preheat oven 325*. Spray casserole with Pam; spoon in the bean mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!