Recipe by Nif
Fruit salad with a kick to it, this salad is very original and very delicious. Please be sure to use fresh fruit as the flavour will come through better. Portions are also a very nice size and the point count is great! The secret ingredient here is salt. It actually makes fruit taste sweeter - but a little goes a long way. Enjoy!
Top Review by threeovens
A very nice fruit salad. It is not overly sweet and thus allows the flavor of the fruits to come through. The shallot adds a little crunch and the toasted cumin seed does lend a little surprise. Made for ZWT5.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 small grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small dry nonstick skillet over low heat. Add the cumin seeds and toast, shaking the pan often, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer seeds to a small plate; cool about 5 minutes.
- Combine the cantaloupe, mango, grapefruit, and raspberries in a serving bowl. Add the cumin seeds, shallot, lime juice, and salt; gently toss to coat.