Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is posted for ZWTII -- African Recipes. This recipe was found on Africanchop.com, it's from South Africa
- 1 kg rump steak (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons mrs ball's chutney (*substitue see below)
- 6 tablespoons tomato sauce (Ketchup)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (balsamic)
- 2 sliced onions
- 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom, drained
- salt and pepper
- Cut and season steaks.
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients together and place the steaks in the sauce and marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the steak on the BBQ.
- At the same time,simmer the marinade in a saucepan to be poured over the steak when served.
- * Mrs. Balls Chutney is made of Sugar, Vinegar, Water, Peaches, Apricots, Starch, Salt, Caramel, Spices.
FABULOUS! I loved this marinade and dressing. I did not have access to Mrs Balls Chutney so I attempted to make my own using the ingredients you listed. I was unsure of the spices so I added Lemon Pepper and Montreal Seasoning. The result was a sweet marinade that complemented the steak well. Everyone enjoyed dinner! Thank you Galley! Zaar World Tour 4. Whine and Cheese.
A very good marinade we did not find overly sweet. I left out the mushrooms (hubby, you know how it is) and served with yams. Four people at the table and four said "keeper". Made for Celebrity Chefs-Safari in South Africa, ZWT4.