1/2 Photos of South African Steak With Sweet Marinade Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
This recipe is posted for ZWTII -- African Recipes. This recipe was found on Africanchop.com, it's from South Africa
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg rump steak (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons mrs ball's chutney (*substitue see below)
- 6 tablespoons tomato sauce (Ketchup)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (balsamic)
- 2 sliced onions
- 1/2 cup canned mushroom, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1Cut and season steaks.
- 2Mix the remainder of the ingredients together and place the steaks in the sauce and marinade for at least 1 hour.
- 3Grill the steak on the BBQ.
- 4At the same time,simmer the marinade in a saucepan to be poured over the steak when served.
- 5* Mrs. Balls Chutney is made of Sugar, Vinegar, Water, Peaches, Apricots, Starch, Salt, Caramel, Spices.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South African Steak With Sweet Marinade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 310.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 35.6 g