Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Linda Johnson. The carrots may not normally be added in a South African Potato Salad, but she adds them for color and nutrition. Cooking time doesn't include time to cook potatoes.
- 4 cups potatoes, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 cup chives, fresh chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tofu sour cream or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tomatoes, grape for garnish
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, fresh chopped for garnish
- Mix the sour cream, Vegenaise or miracle whip and all the seasonings together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently until well blended.
- Garnish with parsley and grape tomatoes. Chill in refrigerator until serving time.
Outstanding! This was delicious, it had the right amount of spices in it to make it child friendly and adults also enjoyed it. I had to substitute the chives to spring onions and it was wonderful. There was no leftovers! Thank you for sharing Enjolinfam
This salad was okay, but I found was kind of lacking in flavour or perhaps just needed a little bit of sweetness or more tang. It looked great with the shreds of carrot, green chives and yellow base from the tumeric. I used fat free sour cream and light miracle whip. Definitely a different potato salad than what I am used to. Thanks! Reviewed during ZWT 4.