1/1 Photo of South African Inspired Potato Salad
A recipe from Linda Johnson. The carrots may not normally be added in a South African Potato Salad, but she adds them for color and nutrition. Cooking time doesn't include time to cook potatoes.
My Private Note
1/2 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups potatoes, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup carrot, fresh grated
- 1/4 cup chives, fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup tofu sour cream or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise or 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tomatoes, grape for garnish
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, fresh chopped for garnish
- 1Mix the sour cream, Vegenaise or miracle whip and all the seasonings together.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently until well blended.
- 3Garnish with parsley and grape tomatoes. Chill in refrigerator until serving time.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South African Inspired Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tofu sour cream