Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 large eggs, Well Beaten
- 1 cup sweet milk
- 2 cups active starter
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk and starter.
- Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Mix together.
- Drop onto hot griddle by large spoonsful.
- If ungreased griddle is used add 1/4 c Melted Fat to the above recipe.
- Bacon fat give a great taste.
The flavor is wonderful. Before cooking, the batter sat for about five minutes to give the starter time to fluff, giving these pancakes a wonderful height and texture. Thank you for posting! P.S. These were made with the friendship bread starter.
These were fabulous!! DH made a huge batch of starter...for bread and etc...we decided to try some pancakes! These will be a Sunday Favorite from now on!! (we did an eeeny meany miney moe trying to decide which one of your pancake recipes to try!) I don't think we could have made a better choice! Thank you UC for posting!!
These were very nice pancakes. Not as light and fluffy as we like them, but had a very good flavor. Easy to put together and another great way to us my sourdough starter. Thanks.