Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
I adapted this recipe from "Sourdough Cookies of Awesomeness" on the blog cmomcook.blogspot.com. I think it is great! You can also add 12 oz of broken up pecans to make them even more awesome!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Turn the mixer off, and with a wooden spoon gently mix in the starter until combined.
- Add the egg (you can turn your mixer back on now) and the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the mixer, until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake 12-14 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown around the edges.