- 1 tablespoon creamed shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the shortening, sugar, and eggs together until light an fluffy.
- Dissolve the soda into the sour cream.
- Sift the flour, salt, cream of tartar, and mace together.
- Mix with the first mixture and beat together.
- Bake in a greased cupcake pan or you can use foil wraps at 400° for 15 - 20 minutes.