Recipe by Debbwl
This is an old family favorite. Leftovers slices of coffee cake are good spread with butter and broiled. *tip if using self rising flour omit baking powder and salt and reduce baking soda to1/2 teaspoon. *
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350°F Grease a bundt pan or a 13x9 pan, if cutting recipe in half grease a 8x8 pan.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir just until well mixed. Do not over mix. Place half of batter in greased pan.
- Combine ingredients for topping. Sprinkle half of the topping mixture over the batter in the pan. Top with remaining batter and remaining topping. The 13x9 is a single layer only.
- *Bundt pan bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate.
- *13x9 inch pan bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve from pan.
- *For half recipe use a 8x8 pan and bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve from pan.