Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the BEST coffee cake ever. It has been around as long as I can remember. My Mom says back in 1966, my father used to go have coffee with his boss in a little coffee shop that served a coffee cake much like this one - he wanted her to figure out how to make it and this is what she came up with. Christmas is not christmas without it. My daughter makes it and takes it camping, it has gone fishing, we give it as gifts ... its just a family favorite. Its moist and easy to make.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Spread 1/3 of batter in prepared bundt pan. Top with 1/3 filling. Repeat and end with filling (I only save about 2 T to go on the top because the top will actually be the bottom after it is cooked).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan.