Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful moist coffee cake, my husbands favorite, I always get asked to bring this to get togethers ! I got it from a cook book a long time ago.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix topping ingredients, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter, sugar, add eggs, beat, add baking powder& baking soda, flour, sour cream& blend.
- Pour 2/3 into baking pan, sprinkle with 2/3 of topping mix, swirl with knife tip, add rest of batter evenly.
- Add remaining topping. Bake at 350 degrees at 30-35 min.
Very tasty. This is nice and moist. I also added 1 tsp. of vanilla to the batter. The directions failed to give the oven temperature and the pan size, so I used a 9x13 dish and set the oven for 350. I took the cake out of the oven after 50 minutes and probably could have come out 2-3 minutes sooner.
I have made this four times in the last five weeks. It is so easy, so moist, and so good it just keeps disappearing from the plate!! We do not like nuts so we just leave them out. Thanks for a great recipe.