Recipe by bourbonite
A wonderful moist coffee cake, my husbands favorite, I always get asked to bring this to get togethers ! I got it from a cook book a long time ago.
Top Review by Marla in California
Very tasty. This is nice and moist. I also added 1 tsp. of vanilla to the batter. The directions failed to give the oven temperature and the pan size, so I used a 9x13 dish and set the oven for 350. I took the cake out of the oven after 50 minutes and probably could have come out 2-3 minutes sooner.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix topping ingredients, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter, sugar, add eggs, beat, add baking powder& baking soda, flour, sour cream& blend.
- Pour 2/3 into baking pan, sprinkle with 2/3 of topping mix, swirl with knife tip, add rest of batter evenly.
- Add remaining topping. Bake at 350 degrees at 30-35 min.