Recipe by Micki Lea
This is a family favorite. My mom found this in a Catholic school cookbook. Even our exchange student from Finland loved it - he made my mom write down the recipe so his mom could make it when he went back home. Today, my children love it. My 5 year old says it is his favorite dish. If you want to make it healthier, you can use low sodium and low fat/no fat ingredients.
Top Review by Chris in Georgia
This is a very easy recipe and wonderful as written, it's also easy to manipulate to use other ingrediants on hand.I made this recipe with peas instead of corn and it turned out great...I also tried it with 2 diced chicken breasts instead of the ground beef and it was wonderful as well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) packagekluski style egg noodles
- salt and pepper, to taste